Online Punjab Bar Council Election Management Test phase, srs, design phase and source code final deliverable
Elections play a vital role in modern-day democratic nations in electing political representatives. Free and fair elections are required to maintain the true essence of democracy but almost all the elections have been blamed to be rigged in Pakistan. Furthermore, the issues like terrorism have impacted the turnout during elections, and caused problem in maintaining law and order. Therefore, a system was required to automate the election process, and Online Punjab Bar Council Election Management is proposed with the idea to enable all the registered lawyers of Punjab Bar Council to take part in electing their representatives.
This system will not only help in holding free and fair elections but also in maintaining law and order, and reducing the cost of holding elections. Chairman Punjab Bar Council can manage the candidates and voters. A voter can log into the system and cast his/her vote. System will count votes and thus declare winner in an election. It will also calculate voters’ turnout.
There will be three types of users of this application.
- Chairman Punjab Bar Council (Admin)
Here is a list of functional requirements:
- Chairman Punjab Bar Council (Admin) can manage (create, update, delete) all the users of the web application.
- Chairman Punjab Bar Council will add the data of voters into the system.
- Candidates can register themselves into the system. (A candidate/voter will be identified on the basis of Bar Council ID, only one user can register against any specific Bar Council ID.)
- A voter can log into the system.
- A voter can cast a vote.
- A voter can add complaint and give suggestions.
- System can calculate total votes (Casted for a certain seat).
- System can calculate the percentage of votes for each candidate.
- Admin can declare election results (Successful/Unsuccessful) through system.
10)System can calculate voters’ turnout percentage.
Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Asp.net;